Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu (born 2 July 1991), known professionally as Burna Boy, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. He rose to prominence in 2012 after releasing “Like to Party”, the lead single from his debut studio album L.I.F.E (2013). In 2017, Burna Boy signed with Bad Habit/Atlantic Records in the United States and Warner Music Group internationally. His third studio album Outside (2018) marked his major-label debut. In 2019, he won Best International Act at the 2019 BET Awards. He was also announced as Apple Music’s Up Next artist. His fourth studio album African Giant was released in July 2019.
Follow the link to read Burna Boy Of Nigeria Africa
Creative producers are usually the brains behind high quality songs that command regular airplay on radio and television in Nigeria. That these songs are often talked about and fancied across the country is a testament of the quality of work producers put into making the beats. ADERIBIGBE TOLULOPE writes about the most highly sought after music producers in 2014 who have made their mark in the industry.
Below are the top ten music producers the country has to offer:
- DonJazzy: Michael Collins is a producer, song writer, recording artiste and philanthropist. He was CEO, MoHits Records and teamed up with one of Nigeria’s iconic entertainers, D’banj, to create Oliver Twist,one of the biggest tunes out of Africa yet. As the CEO of Mavins Records, he has produced massive hits like Dorobucci, Surulere by Dr Sid, Wande Coal’s The Kick, half of Tiwa Savage’s debut album, including chart topper Eminado and blessed his blood brother, D’Prince with hisGoody Bag single and the Frenzy album.
Don Jazzy has also worked with other big acts including Kanye West, Jay Z, Darey and Naeto C, among others. It is no wonder he gets our No1 slot. He rarely produces for other artistes but close sources say he won’t charge less than a million naira to produce a track.
- Shizzi: Sheyi Akerele was behind Wizkid’s Love My Baby, Davido’s Damiduro and Harry Songz’ Taiye Kehinde. As signed under the HKN Gang, 2013 saw him birth two massive hits-Skelewu and Gobe for Davido. He was also the producer of Wande Coal’s highly controversial Baby Face and Go Low. He produced highlife infused Baby Answer by Runtown.
In April; he co-produced Davido’s Tchelete featuring Mafikizolo which got massive airplay. He also produced MultiChoice Africa’sRise Up featuring Davido, Tiwa-Savage, Sarkodie, Diamond, Mzytikal and Lola Rae. Shizzi has worked with Sasha, Harrysong, OD Woods, Naeto C, Sauce Kid, Wande Coal, Wizkid, D’Prince and May D. Shizzi currently charges between N400, 000 and N500, 000 to produce a song.
- Legendary Beatz: Two brothers, Uzezi Oniko and Okiemute Oniko- the combination of these young men is indeed legendary. They have been instrumental to lots of hits in the past, starting from the Azonto freestyle by Wizkid. They produced the debut Star Boy single, Caro which gained lots of attention. They have produced hits like Baddest Boy for EME, Mo’Cheddah’s Ko Ma Roll and Brymo’s Ara. They are also the brain behind popular songs like Emi Ni Baller by Chidinma featuring Illbliss and Tha Suspect and Sound Sultan’s Kokose, Drop by Wizkid featuring Wale, Reminisce, 2 Mussh, L.A.X featuring Wizkid, Caro and Ginger, which are all major hits of 2014. Ibadi by May D, Wizkid’s new single Ojuelegba. They charge N400,000 and above to produce a track.
- Wizzy Pro: Nifu Haruna is an artist under one of the most popular record labels in the whole of West Africa Dem Mama Records. He has worked as a producer for Timaya, Faze, Dammy Krane, Skales, EME, Patoranking, Runtown, Frank d Nero, Mike Anyazodo, 2-shotz, He dropped his official single and worked with Skales, Patoranking and Runtown on the single, Emergency. His production of trending hit tracks like Patoranking’s Girlie ‘O’ (both original and remix ft Tiwa Savage), Phyno’s O Set ft P-Square,Successful by Runtown, Phyno & Runtown’s Anama-Achi Vers-Achi as well as Tonite by Patoranking ft Faze, is enough to show he’s taking the music business seriously. He charges 200,00 for his singles.
- Pheelz: Philip Moses is the in-house producer for Olamide. Pheelz’ production of Baddest Guy Ever Liveth which contains tracks such as Durosoke, Anifowoshe, Rayban Abacha, Eleda Mi, Baddo Love, Turn Up, among other countless hits is enough to take the young man seriously. Away from Olamide, he has worked with other artistes, including Vector in Popular & Mo Eazy. He produced major anthems this year like Lil Keshi’s Shoki, and Awon Goons Mi by Olamide. He is an all-round, vast, creative producer who is currently getting the attention of artistes and music lovers alike. He currently charges N200,000 and a little above the amount for his productions.
- Selebobo: Udoka Oku is versatile singer,dancer, songwriter, producer and graphic artist. He is responsible for Yemi Alade’s ground breaking single, Johnny. Currently signed to the Ubi Franklin/Iyanya owned TripleMG, he is responsible for not only Yemi Alade’s hit track Johnny, but also Flavour’s Ada Ada and Balance For Me by Dipp. Oroma Baby, Yoyo as well as Angelina and Say Yeahfrom the TripleMG group album were all produced by Selebobo. He charges 300,000 and above for beats.
- Del B: Ayodele Basel is responsible for D’banj’s Why Me, General Pype’s Its Ok, Jebele by Kween, KCee’s Limpopo, an undeniable jam as well as Wizkid’s On Top Your Matter. Del B also produced Oko mi by Waje, Seyi Shay’s Irawo, Baby Mo by Tiwa Savage, Kcee’sGive It 2 Me featuring Flavour, and another monster single, Shake by Flavour. Orezi’s trending hit track, You Garrit was produced by none other than Del B. His production fee varies from N100, 000 to N500,000.
Read more news on Nigeria Top 10 Music Beats Producers